Belfast Spa now OPEN
The Spa is now OPEN!
We’re delighted to announce that, following the easing of COVID-19 lockdown restrictions, the steady lowering of new cases in the community and the changes we've made in the Health Clubs and Spas, that we are now OPEN for hairdressing and treatments. The health club will open on 10th July 2020 for business.
Are you a Health Club Member? We've got an exclusive welcome back offer for you - click here to find out more.
We've made some changes
We have undertaken an extensive assessment of the COVID-19 infection risk to members and staff. As a result, we have made some changes to our working practices to reduce the risk as far as practicable and deliver first class, professional services.
In order to restrict the number of people in the Spas at any one time, we will be operating at reduced capacity and using a phased approach. All appointments must be pre-booked, before you visit the Spas. Please click here to book your appointment now.
We have taken the decision to reduce the number of appointments to allow appropriate sanitisation time to clean down touch points and uphold social distance measures to ensure that the 2 metre rule is managed properly.
Members and guests using the Hairdressers and Spa will be asked to come alone in Phase one, unless there is a need for assistance. Please bring your own personal face mask, as you will be required to wear one where social distancing cannot be upheld. We would ask that all members and guests wear a face mask on entrance. If you forget yours, we do have these on sale at the main club Reception. The washable and reusable ones are £7.50 for a pack of 2, or a disposable one is 50p.
We will be operating on a phased approach.
Phase One - 6th July
- This will be for treatment only and not Spa Days. This will work on a pre-booked appointment system only. Treatments can be booked online and are paid for at the time of booking.
- Please arrive having completed your Spa Lifestyle medical questionnaire online
- Only contactless methods of payment can be used on the day eg for purchase of retail products /take away drinks
- Ensure you are well enough to attend and are not showing any signs of COVID 19 symptoms.
Phase Two - Date TBC
- Spa Days will be welcomed
- These will need to be pre-booked online.
- People who have had Spa Days cancelled due to lockdown will be sent a link for re-booking. Please click on the link and go through the options.
- Use of the health club facilities is not allowed, but you will be provided with a £10 voucher to use on the day in lieu of the facilities. Alternatively, you can defer your Spa Day until a later date when we can safely provide facility access
- Presently, we will not be offering food in the Cafe Bar ; only tea or coffee
You will be asked to arrive 10 minutes before your treatment time. We will be running
on time, where possible.
If you are not able to arrive on time, we ask that you contact us; it may be that we have to reschedule your appointment.
Time will be allowed after each appointment for sanitisation of the treatment room, manicure stations, pedicure thrones and common areas of the Spa.
You will be ever-so-politely requested not to remain in the Spa longer than necessary after your appointment, but we will be offering a chance for you to purchase any recommended products on the day
We will check your skin temperature on arrival and this needs to be below 35.6 degrees.
You will also be required to complete an online Spa Lifestyle/ COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to your appointment.
You will be requested to wear a face mask in the Spa and you are requested to bring your own mask.
The therapists will be wearing visors and appropriate PPE for treatment. Disposable aprons and gloves will also be in evidence for cleaning and sanitising the areas.
A rigorous cleaning regime is being employed in the Spa to ensure everyone’s safety, with high contact areas being sanitised after every client visit.
Hand sanitiser is available at the front of the club and you will be asked to use it before entering and again, as you leave the club.
We ask you to avoid touching any surfaces, if possible and that you wash your hands on entering the treatment room.
Please bring the minimum of articles with you and remove all jewellery and watches, in advance.
Payment using a contactless method or by the 360 Bannatyne Wristband are the only methods of payment.
After each treatment, the utensils and products are sanitized.
The spa reception, treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure areas, products, touch points and PPE are santised to ensure that the strictest hygiene standards are upheld.
High risk people (clinically extremely vulnerable):
- Are having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy
- Are having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancer
- Are having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
- Have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking medication
- Those who pose a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)
- Are taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids)
- Have a serious heart condition
- Are pregnant
- People at high risk from coronavirus should have been informed via a letter from the NHS.
- If you are in the high risk group, it is not appropriate to have a face-to-face treatment at this time.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you must not attend the Spa. The list of main symptoms are :
- high temperature
- new, continuous cough
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
We are excited to welcome you back to the Spa and hope that you are confident that we will be operating in very safe and hygienic surroundings.
We look forward to seeing you
The Bannatyne Spa Team - Belfast